Blogarama - The Blog Directory
OnlineWide Web Directory
Top Entertainment Blogs
Link With Us - Web Directory
Blog Directory Submit
Paparelli's Movie Reviews
Well, it's just, like... my opinion, man

Jackass Number Two

Sunday, October 29, 2006

year: 2006
directed by: Jeff Tremaine
written by: Jeff Tremaine, Spike Jonze, Johnny Knoxville
notable cast: Johnny Knoxville, Bam Margera, Steve-O, Chris Pontius
Paparelli's rating: (0 = worst, **** = best)

On one hand I can understand and even somewhat relate to the boyish humor that drives these guys to go one step further all the time, but... on the other hand these guys must be on the brink of insanity to actually do all this stuff.

Being a former professional video editor I was constantly watching for signs that they were faking some of the stuff they did, but even then: the things that must be for real are serious enough.

I remember when in high school there were some guys who made a sport of testing the teacher's patience. They also used to get into this daring routine, pushing each other's limits to what they would do to mess up a class. The feeling I had with these kids in class is very similar to the feeling I had when watching Jackass 2.

Some perverted sense of curiosity made it impossible not to watch, while at the same time I felt so relieved that it wasn't me having to go through all that and face the consequences.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment